Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Damn you TV, be less easily entertaining!

So the fall television line up has officially kicked off, and that, combined with the continuation of the football season has effectively rendered me completely incapable of keeping up with my DVR and Netflix. Try as I might, the 40 hours spent at work and 50 hours spent sleeping each week are enough to prevent any sort of dent. My DVR is slowly but surely winning the war, accumulating approximately one extra half-hour per day, while my Netflix lie on the floor making me wonder just what the hell I'm doing with my time if I don't have enough to watch the movies I specifically requested be sent to my house, practically placed at my feet with no excuse not to watch. Saturday was usually my day to catch up if I fell behind, but now with a girlfriend, it's much more difficult to justify spending between 6 - 12 hours in front of the tube on the weekend when we could be outside or at the fair or in bed. And that coupled with football make Sunday impossible (of course football actually extends its influence all the way into Monday), so I'm left catching what I can, filtering out the swag of my DVR schedule until I have a managable, meaty line-up that I can handle. I'm such a loser.

No comments: